- Alternative Names: Bloodstone, Heliotrope
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Secondary
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Location Found: Australia, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, India and Russia
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Mineral Class: Silicates
- Colour: Green, Red and sometimes yellow inclusions
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Ancient March and Modern February
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries, Libra and Pisces
- Numerological Number: 4 and 6
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am alive and filled with vitality.
Bloodstone History Mythology Information: The Word Heliotrope comes from the Greek word meaning ‘solstice’ which is thought to be in reference to its healing properties. This belief has been well documented since ancient times. In medieval texts, Heliotrope was prescribed for healing infections, inflammation, and curing poisoning.
Bloodstone Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Bloodstone helps to enhance your physical and mental vitality. Which assists to bring clarity, wisdom, and courage to all situations. Bloodstone is a calming stone that allows you to release anger, aggression, and violence that you feel. Bloodstone helps to dispel any confusion you feel so that you can be confident in the decisions that you make. As it brings that calm into your life it helps to take away any irritation and aggression you are feeling and allows you to move forward with patience in the knowledge that you are heading in the right direction. Bloodstone helps to revitalize you when you are feeling mentally and physically exhausted. Affirmation: I am alive and filled with vitality.
Question: How do you find calm in moments of stress?
Chakra – Root, Heart, Sacral Chakras
Bloodstone is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Purification’
Bloodstone Physical Healing – Cleansing for all organs helps iron deficiencies, circulation, and bloodstream. Detoxifies the liver, kidneys, and spleen. Neutralizes over-acidity. Supports blood, helpful in cases of Leukaemia.
Bloodstone Applications suggested uses:
- Bloodstone can be worn for long periods of time in direct contact with the body and is great to use this way when you are working on anger issues.
- It can be used in all meditations particularly when clarity is required. Combine with Hematite and Clear Quartz.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when cleansing, detoxifying and healing the body. For detoxifying and cleansing these are a great combination of stones Mooralla Smoky Quartz, Fluorite, Danburite, Garnet, Celestite, Azurite and Bloodstone.
- Bloodstone can be used in grid work to assist with clarity and direction.
- Is a great stone to carry around for anyone that has any type of blood issue or disorder combines well with Hematite and Clear Quartz.
- In cases of infection place a stone on the thymus gland above the heart