- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Colours: Black, brown, blue and orange (Sardonyx) it can be layered and have stripes.
- Rarity: Common
- Colour: Black
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Mystical December
History/Mythology: Onyx has been used throughout record history and flinted artifacts of tools have been found having been made from it. It was a popular Gemstone used by the Greeks and Romans and it was named after the ancient Greek word ‘Onyx’ meaning nail or claw because it was believed to have been born from the nails of the goddess Venus. Onyx is a form of layer Agate which is a member of the Chalcadony family.
Chakra -Base Chakra
Healing – Teeth, bones, blood and feet
- Black Onyx should be worn for a long period of time because it take time to unfold and assist
- It is a fantastic stone to program as it hold clear memories or intent but must be cleansed thoroughly before each new program.
- Fantastic for gridding with intent.
- It is better to wear it as a ring or bracelet so that it is closer to your base chakra
- Can be carried on your person or meditated on
Black Onyx Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.