Black Tourmaline Metaphysical Healing Properties
Black Tourmaline has very powerful protection qualities particularly against negative energy and psychic attacks, it is also a very grounding stone that helps to clear any blockages you might have particularly in the lower Chakras. It is an uplifting stone that helps to lift any negative feelings you are having and encourages you to see the good in all situations. It helps to keep you on task and allows the fulfillment of any goals/dreams you might be working towards so they can be completed within the time frame you have set. Black Tourmaline is a wonderful stone to use when you are trying to give up something or overcome an addiction, this is particularly true when used for Coffee, Chocolate, Drug, and Alcohol addictions. Because of its grounding abilities, Black Tourmaline has a very strong connection to the Earth and anyone who works outdoors or in nature will find it beneficial in helping them feel more connected to Earth Energies and Mother Earth.
Black Tourmaline is one of my top stones to use against EMF or 5G radiation and when combined with Shungite and Hematite it from a very effective barrier. See more information about combining these stones in this Video ‘Top 3 Crystals for EMF or 5G Protection’.
Black Tourmaline is a great Psychic protection stone due to its crystalline structure and this is true for all Tourmaline varieties however for Psychic Protection Black Tourmaline is the most effective. The Crystalline structure of Tourmaline helps to create a field around your electromagnetic body or Aura to assist in repelling negative influences that are directed at you.
When working with Tourmaline particularly Black Tourmaline you can feel a deep protection that radiates from the stone and the affirmation that goes with it is – “I am safe and protected at all times”. This is a protective energy that resonates right the way through you and allows you to breathe out with a sigh that everything will be ok. It is a stone that is useful in anyone’s kit or collection. Affirmation: “I am safe and protected at all times”
Question: What stones make me feel protected?
Chakra – Lower Chakras – particularly base/root and Earth
Black Tourmaline is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Protection’
Black Tourmaline Physical Healing – Purifies Blood, and eases hip and hip replacements, leg, feet, ankles. It helps to speed the healing of scars and ulcers. Great for allergies and increasing the immune system.
Black Tourmaline Applications ways to use:
- Black Tourmaline can be used as an effective essence spray in cases of clearing negative energy or protection against psychic attacks.
- Is a great stone to use when you feel that you are being targeted by unwanted energies or a ‘spell’ directed at you by someone. Try making a ‘Hex’ protection Mojo Bag with the following crystals in any or all combinations and carry it around with you. Larvikite, Black Tourmaline, Hag Stone, Aegirine, Clear Quartz and Tektite or ramp it up with Moldavite.
- Used in cases of addictions by carrying or wearing the stone. Make your own Mojo Bag by combining with Hematite, Amethyst, Red Phantom Quartz, and Lepidolite.
- It can be used in all energy work as a protection and grounding stone. Stones that work well together for grounding and protecting are Black Tourmaline, Black Obsidian, Shungite, Elite Shungite and generally any black or black inclusion stones like Dalmation Stone and Zebra Jasper.
- It can be used in any type of grid for protection and to ward off negative intent, This is a stone that works well with most other stones. Open your intuition and see what other stones are needed to combine it with for your purpose.
- Great to use when dealing with hurt or sick animals. Stones that are great for this purpose are Dalmatian Jasper, Leopard Skin Jasper, Pietersite and Black Tourmaline.
- Black tourmaline can be used for long periods of time but should be cleansed regularly, it has a very strong direct energy and would benefit from cleansing via moonlight or Selenite.
- Great to go in a baby or child room (please place safely to protect the child as small pieces can be a choking hazard) in order for them to feel safe and loved at night on their own. A great combo of crystals to go in a child’s room are Selenite, Rose Quartz, Black Tourmaline and Lepidolite.
- Having Black Tourmaline in the bedroom can help you clear and recharge your aura overnight as well as protect it. A great addition to a Sleep Mojo Bag.
Black Tourmaline History Mythology Information: Tourmaline was first recorded as a stone in the eighteenth century and was considered to be the ‘stone of wisdom, that is clear and resistant to all vagaries of fate…..’ according to Bernardus Caesius. While in Arabic traditions it is considered a stone of the sun and will assist in strengthening the heart and brings protection against nightmares. Tourmaline has the greatest range of colours of any stone ranging from mauve-green, Brown, Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow and Black.
Tourmaline was first discovered by Dutch traders in the late 1600s of the West Coast of Italy. Legend says that Tourmalines got all their different colours because it traveled along the rainbow in creation. It received its name from the Sinhalese term ‘turmali’ which was the name of all coloured crystals from the islands of Sri Lanka at the time.
- Schorl – Black
- Indicolite – Blue to blue/green
- Verdelite – green
- Rubellite – pink
- Watermelon pink with a green rind or outer layer.
- Dravite – brown
- Alternative Names: Schorl
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Hardness Mohs: 7 to 7.5
- Rarity: common
- Energy: Maculine
- Location Found: Brazil, China, India, Nambia and Pakistan
- Mineral Class: Ring Silicate + Oxide
- Colour: Black
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Black Nil – Green August modern – Pink October Traditional
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Numerological Vibration: 3 and 4
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am safe and protected at all times.