- Alternative Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Amorphous
- Formation: Mineraloid – organic material (wood) turned to stone under high-pressure circumstances.
- Rarity: Common
- Location Found: Russia, Canada and India
- Hardness Mohs:.5 to 2.5
- Mineral Class: Hard Black coal formed from driftwood
- Colour: Black
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Numerological Number: 8
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am protected, grounded, and have the strength to make it through anything that happens to me.
Black Jet History Mythology Information: Black Jet has been used since the Neolithic period in carving and amulets and was widely used for protection. It is created from the formalized remains of driftwood (saltwater driftwood being the hardest Jet). In the Victorian era, Queen Victoria made it very popular for jewelry to be made and worn from it during times of mourning. The saying ‘Jet black’ comes from a reference to this stone and its black colour.
Black Jet Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Black Jet is a stone of protection and grounding. Due to its purification properties, Black Jet is a fantastic healing stone and gives great assistance with clearing the aura and keeping it clean and assist you to recover quicker from any illness. It will also cleanse other stones if placed in a glass bowl with them. Black Jet helps to protect against negative vibrations and at the same time allow you to understand why you are feeling/receiving them and for what purpose. It is a stone that can help us move past our feelings of grief and make the recovery smoother when dealing with a death and going through a mourning period. Jet helps to ground a person and make them comfortable with who they are and where they are going in their personal journey.
Jet is an organic stone that will absorb and dissipate negative energy as it is being directed at you through emphatic or Psychic Attacks. You must remember to regularly clean Jet when it is used for this purpose to keep it at its most effective.
The first thing you notice about Black Jet when you pick it up is how light it is and that is the feeling you get from it. It lightens the mood and helps to allow you to better understand what is happening, why it is happening, and realize you have the strength to make it through. Affirmation: I am protected, grounded, and have the strength to make it through anything that happens to me.
Question: What crystals give me comfort in times of difficulty?
Chakra – Root/Base Chakra
Black Jet Physical Healing – Absorbs negative energy, helps recovery from depression, sadness, loss and grief. Cleanses the liver and kidneys. Good for migraines, headaches and pain relief.
Black Jet Applications suggested uses:
- Place against the head or area with that is in pain for pain relief and working with grief. Combines well with Apache Tears, Lepidolite, Black Onyx and Smoky Quartz at this time.
- Carry a piece or wear some when you are going through difficult times particularly if you feel abused or taken advantage of. Combines well with Pink Tourmaline, Ruby, Garnet and Black Jet for this purpose.
- Black Jet will assist with grounding and protecting when meditated with
- A great healing stone to facilitate faster recovery and pain relief. Combines well with Shungite and Elite Shungite for this purpose.
- A great hand warmer in times of stress or change.
- Carrying or wearing a piece to protect against negative energies, particularly good for empaths and lightworkers.