- Alternative Name: Number 83 on the Periodic Table
- Crystal System: Trigonal Crystal System
- Location: Australia, China and Bolivia
- Mineral Class: Metalloids
- Hardness Mohs: 2 to 2.5
- Colour: Silver, silver/blue, White and indecent with a pink ting
- Rarity: Natural form Rare – Man-made formation common
- Forms: Natural formation and sometimes in jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Numerological Number: 2
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: I am an individual that is an important part of the greater whole.
Bismuth History Mythology Information: Bismuth is one of our basic elements and is number 83 on the periodic table. Up until 1763 it was thought to be a form of lead however the French chemist Claude Geoffroy the Younger established due to stability and slow rate of decay that it was a separate element. Bismuth has a number of commercial uses and is most famous for its use as an ingredient in stomach medication like Pepto-Bismol. It is also a poor heat conductor and is often added to low-melting alloys and used in sprinkler systems.
Bismuth is a brittle metal with a crystalline structure and is commonly and easily grown or reformed in a Lab. The Lab-grown specimens have the same makeup as the natural ones and they are often in the wonderful crystalline structures when formed.
Bismuth Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Bismuth is a wonderful stone to use if you are feeling detached or isolated and would like to reconnect with those around you on an emotional or spiritual level. Bismuth is a stone of transformation and helps to bring order and calm into the chaos that can accompany change and allow you to progress to where you need to be. Bismuth is a wonderful stone to use when you want to enter a Shamanic Journey to increase your focus and visualization during meditation.
Bismuth is a great stone to use in a group dynamic as it allows everyone to be open and more willing to see the individuals that make up the whole and encourages a more cohesive environment. Bismuth is an excellent stone to allow you to fit into the environment around you and in doing so a helps to dissolve feelings of isolation and loneliness. Affirmation: I am an individual that is an important part of the greater whole.
Question: How strongly do you visualize during meditation?
Chakra – Root or Base Chakra but is well suited to use on all Chakras
Bismuth Physical Healing – Helps reduce fever, assists with recovery time after surgery, eases the symptoms of stomach pain
Bismuth Applications suggested uses:
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when going on a Shamanic Journey.
- Place to a Mojo Bag or Shaman Bag to assist with a Vision Quest or Shamanic Quest. Combines well with these stones for this purpose. Axinite, Moqui Marbles, Nuummite, Mystic Merlinite, Astrophyllite and Spirit Quartz.
- Wonderful as a healing to use and assist with changes happening in your life. Combines well with Labradorite, and Chrysocolla.
- Great to use if you are feeling isolated and need to reconnect with those around you.