Aragonite Metaphysical Healing Properties
Aragonite is a very grounding stone with a strong connection to the earth and earth’s energies. It is particularly useful if you work with the earth in a healing capacity or would like to feel more connected to the natural lines that surround you. It is an amazing stone that teaches patience and acceptance of yourself and the situation that you are currently in. It encourages practicality and discipline so that you can achieve all that you need to do in order to reach all the goals you have while at the same time remaining stable with your feet on the ground. It is a very calming and grounding stone, that assists to restore balance when everything feels out of control. It can fortify and strengthen you and opens you to a new vision.
Aragonite helps to enhance your concentration in a calming way and provides support to overcome any anger or stress that you are holding. Aragonite helps you to release any blockage that you are holding in order to move forward more productively – it allows you to achieve all you want and to ‘reach for the stars’ while keeping your feet firmly on the ground.
Working with Scolecite when you are feeling out of wack or balance brings through calm and stabilization straight away and allows you to look around from a different perspective, I find it a great stone to use during those ‘frantic’ times in our life. Affirmation: My feet are firmly on the ground while I reach for the stars.
Question: What goals do you have in place right now?
Chakra – Root and Earth Star Chakras
Aragonite Physical Healing – It combats disease, especially twitching and spasms. Heals bones, elasticity to discs. Strengthens the immune system. Grounds when there are feelings of not being here.
Aragonite Applications suggested uses:
- Aragonite can be worn effectively as a pendant
- It is a wonderful stone to combine with Selenite and Scolecite when working on a higher self.
- Combine with Aegirine in a grid for discipline and life purposes.
- When feeling a little ‘lost’ try creating a Mojo Bag for finding your true direction or life purpose with Septarian Super 7, Sapphire, Sulphur in Quartz, Iolite and Clear Quartz.
- Can be used in all meditations to help connect with the lower chakras and find balance – try combining it with Black Tourmaline or Black Obsidian to bring through that Earthy balance.
- Used as a hand warmer for its calming and focusing effect
Aragonite History Mythology Information: Aragonite received its name in 1788 after a source of the stone was found in the Rio Aragon in Spain. Aragonite clusters are called Sputniks or Starburst due to their unearthly formations.
- Alternative Names: Sputnik, Satin Spar
- Crystal System: Rhombic
- Formation: Primary or Secondary
- Mineral Class: carbonate
- Hardness Mohs: 3.5 to 4
- Location Found: US, Morocco
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Chakra – Root and Earth Star Chakras
- Energy: Hermaphrodite
- Colour: White, pink, yellow, light green or brown
- Forms: sputnik, clusters, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Numerological Number: 9
- Element: Earth
- Affirmation: My feet are firmly on the ground while I reach for the stars.