- Alternative Names: Nil
- Crystal System: Hexagonal
- Location: Brazil, Canada, Mexico, India, Pakistan, Russia, and Australia
- Formation: Primary
- Hardness Mohs: 7.5 to 8
- Mineral Class: ring Silicate
- Rarity: The higher the grade the rare and more expensive it becomes.
- Colour: Green to light blue
- Forms: natural, tumbled, and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: March
- Numerological Number: 1
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aries, Gemini and Pisces
- Element: Water
- Affirmation: Peace and balance, my heart, mind, and soul are one.
Mythology history Information: Aquamarine is a member of the beryl family and has been known for a very long time, however, it was not until the Renaissance period that it got its current name. The word Aquamarine comes from Latin/Italian origin and means aqua marina which translates to’Seawater’ which was given due to its colouring. Aquamarine has always been connected to the Ocean or Sea. Sea travelling people used to carry a piece of Aquamarine with them in order to promote safe travel. It was believed in the past that Aquamarine had the ability to change colour in order to reveal if someone was a friend or enemy or if a lie was being told to you.
Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Aquamarine is a stone of courage and protection that helps you to reduce stress and to quieten your mind. It assists to harmonizes your surroundings and helps to bring balance and peace particularly when you are feeling overwhelmed, by doing this it makes it a fantastic stone to use if you are trying to overcome fears and phobias. Aquamarine helps us to see if we have negative patterns/behaviour in our lives and break the cycle so that we can move forward and allow new more productive patterns to form.
Aquamarine resonates particularly well with the energies of your Throat Chakra and helps to enhance your communication, clear any blockages you are holding in that area. This enables you to increase your verbal communication. Aquamarine also works through your Heart Chakra it will assist you to understand what your heart truly desires It then allows you to express those wishes in a verbal sense and by doing so take the first steps to a more filled fuller life.
You can use Aquamarine to stimulate mental growth so that you can assimilate new knowledge with a new clarity of thought – this makes it a wonderful stone to use for a student or anyone that is continuously growing in there knowledge. Is considered a good fortune talisman particularly when travelling over the ocean and helps to bring luck in all ventures. It allows you to take a step back when dealing with other people and become more tolerant of their behaviour by seeing their side of things in a rational manner. By being more open to a different perspective you allow yourself to tap more and more into the flow of life and access ancient wisdom held within universal conciseness or the Akashic Records.
Working with Aquamarine allows you to bring everything together and into balance within your life while at the same thing remaining centered and calm: Affirmation: Peace and balance, my heart, mind, and soul are one.
Question: Do you like to be near the water?
Chakra – Throat Chakra and secondary Heart Chakra
Aquamarine is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Simplification’
Physical Healing – Useful for sore throats, swollen gland & thyroid problems. General tonic counteracts short and long-sightedness. Will assist with an overactive immune system to bring through its calming energies.
Applications suggested uses:
- Should be worn for long periods of time in direct contact with the body.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when clearing blockages or a damaged aura. Combines well with Charoite, Dravite (Brown Tourmaline), and Lemurians.
- It can be used in all meditations and for grid work.
- A great travel talisman to be carried or worn when travelling to bring safety and good luck.
- Carried as a talisman for protection particular when travelling. Try making a Travel Mojo Bag with Pyrite, Garnet, Aquamarine, Chiastolite and Mookaite.
- Aquamarine can also safely be used as a gem elixir or my preference for this purpose a crystal essence. To see my Top 5 Crystal for Cooling the Body and how to make your own Crystal Essence click here.
- Should be laid directly on the relevant body part during healing.
- Placed on the eyelids in the evening for eye issues.