- Alternative Names: Fluorapatite, Chlorapatite, and Hydroxyl-Apatite
- Crystal System: Hexagonal
- Formation: Primary or secondary
- Mineral Class: Phosphate
- Hardness Mohs: 5
- Rarity: Rare
- Locations Found: Myanmar (Burma), Brazil, India, Kenya, Madagascar, Norway, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Mexico, Canada and the United States
- Colour: grey, yellow, green, blue
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
Apatite History Mythology: Apatite was very often mistaken for minerals such as beryl and calcite in historic times, and was not classified as a mineral of its own until 1786 at which time it was give the name Apatite after the Greek word ‘apatao’ meaning ‘to delude’.
Apatite Metaphysical Healing Properties: Apatite is an amazingly gentle stone that will allow you to manifest abundance into your life. It helps to increase energy levels particularly when they are drained due to emotional exhaustion and to make you more motivated to achieve things. It helps to clear away any negative feelings you are holding such as anger, apathy and sorrow. By clearing these blockages and increase energy levels Apatite helps you to dispel confusion in any situation and ease the tension that this has created in your life. It helps to open your Heart Chakra and clear away any negative or blocking belief patterns that you are holding about yourself.
Chakra – Heart Chakra and Throat Chakra (or adjust according to colour)
Healing – Heals bones, encourages formation of new cells. Suppresses hunger and raises metabolic rate. Heals glands meridians and organs.
- Worn as a piece of Jewelry to assist with daily clearing of any negative feeling in both you and those around you.
- Pop a piece in your wallet or purse to help bring abundance into your life.
- Place a piece in your money area or in with your money tree to increase abundance.
- Can be used in all meditations – laying on the relevant area great for clearing blockages and raising energy levels.
- Wonderful in grid work particularly when working with abundance. Try combining with Yellow Apatite – Citrine and Tigers Eye. Blue/Green Apatite – Amazonite and Green Aventurine.
Apatite Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.