Amethyst Metaphysical Healing Properties
Amethyst has very strong healing and cleansing vibration this makes it very helpful when you are cleaning blockages or releasing addictions. Once you have cleared the areas holding you back Amethyst then helps you to move onto a more spiritual path by awakening your spirituality and assisting you to progress forward on your spiritual path. Amethyst is particularly helpful in assisting you to overcome any addictions and blockages that you are holding, in order to move forward. It is a great sleep aid and will help you to remember your dreams more vividly. It also helps to dispel all negative emotions and brings us into a more positive vibration.
Working with Amethyst is a highly gratifying stone as it opens you up to infinite possibilities while at the same time preparing you for the journey ahead. Affirmation: I am free and cleansed and all possibilities are open to me.
Question: What crystals help to support your spiritual growth?
Amethyst is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Humility’
Physical Healing – Cleanses blood, immune system, skin conditions, cellular disorders, fine-tunes metabolism and assists with the endocrine system.
Applications suggested uses:
- Amethyst should be worn for long periods of time in direct contact with the body.
- Can be used in all meditations to help enhance insight.
- Is a fantastic stone to wear or have on you when working on increasing and heightening higher self particularly with ‘Indigo Children”. Indigo Children would benefit from a Mojo Bag with the following stones for rounding out their skills: Amethyst, Labradorite, Azurite, Charoite and K2.
- A stone circle of amethyst tips is a great enhancing method and very powerful.
- Placing a light coloured stone under your pillow will help you sleep better and to assist in understanding your dreams. Try combining with Selenite, Howlite and or Sodalite.
- Amethyst can also safely be used as a gem elixir either applying the elixir directly to the skin or drinking the elixir.
- It can be taken safely as an essence. Please make sure you clean all stones thoroughly prior to making an essence and if unsure of safety use as a topical spray. Crystals that can be safely used to make essences are: Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Smoky Quartz, Citrine, Agate (not dyed), Moonstone, Carnelian (not saltwater), Rutilated Quartz, Jasper, Aventurine, Amber and Obsidian.
- Can be used in all meditations or energy work particularly when clearing blockages or a damaged aura. Combines well with Aquamarine, Dravite (Brown Tourmaline), and Lemurians Seed Crystals.
- A great add when dealing with any type of addiction. A great stone to assist with the transition period of breaking addictions. It works well with Lepidolite, Hematite, Garnet, and Muscovite.
- Place a piece beside the bed to prompt vivid dream work. Other Dreamwork crystals are Danburite and Ametrine.
History/Mythology: The word Amethyst comes from the Greek word ‘amethustos’ which means non-inebriated. Crystal cups made of Amethyst were used due to the belief that it would have a sobering effect on the user and they would not get drunk. Konrad von Megenbery in the middle ages, defined the crystal as being a mineral that ‘makes a person better, disperses bad thoughts, brings good commonsense and makes one mild and gentle.
There are main types of crystals that fall into the Quartz family however there are the five main ones which include:
- Clear Quartz – clear to milk in colour and can have inclusions
- Smoky Quartz – light brown to dark brown-black in colour
- Citrine – yellow to orange in colour and can have a green ting
- Rose Quartz – pink to lavender in colour
- Amethyst – mainly purple however colour ranges from white to black and it can also be found in green
- Alternative Name: Nil
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Chakra – Third Eye, Crown and Etheric Chakras
- Location: commercial most Amethyst comes out of Brazil, however, it occurs and is found in most countries around the world
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Amethyst Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Purple common other colours rarer and can be hard to find
- Colour: Violet mainly, however, it can occur from white through to black and also green
- Forms: Points, Geodes, caves, Pineapple cluster, clusters, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Ancient and Traditional February
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aquarius, Capricorn, Pisces and Virgo
- Numerological Number: 3
- Element: Air and Water
- Affirmation: I am free and cleansed and all possibilities are open to me.
Products for Sale