Amethyst Info Video
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Location: commercial most Amethyst comes out of Brazil, however it occurs and is found in most countries around the world
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Amethyst Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Purple common other colours rarer and can be hard to find
- Colour: Violet mainly, however it can occur from white through to black and also green
- Forms: Points, Geodes, caves, Pineapple cluster, clusters, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Ancient and Traditional February
Amethyst History/Mythology: The Word Amethyst comes from the Greek word ‘amethustos’ which means non-inebriated. Crystal cups made of Amethyst were used due to the belief that it would have a sobering effect on the user and they would not get drunk. Konrad von Megenbery in the middle ages, defined the crystal as being a mineral that ‘makes a person better, disperses bad thoughts, brings good commonsense and makes one mild and gentle.
There are main types of crystals that fall into the Quartz family however there are the five main ones which include:
- Clear Quartz – clear to milk in colour and can have inclusions
- Smoky Quartz – light brown to dark brown black in colour
- Cirtine – yellow to orange in colour and can have a green ting
- Rose Quartz – pink to lavender in colour
- Amethyst – mainly purple however colour ranges from white to black and it can also be found in green
Amethyst Metaphysical Healing Properties: has very strong healing and cleansing vibration. Amethyst helps us to move onto a more spiritual path by awakening our spirituality and assisting us to progress on our spiritual path. Amethyst also assists us to overcome any addictions and blockages that we might be holding, in order to move forward. It is a great sleep aid and will help you to remember your dreams. It also helps to dispels all negative emotions and brings us into a more positive vibration
Chakra – Third Eye, Crown and Etheric Chakras
Healing – Cleanses blood, immune system, skin conditions, cellular disorders, fine tunes metabolism and assists with the endocrine system.
- Amethyst should be worn for a long periods of time in direct contact with the body.
- Can be used in all meditations to help enhance insight.
- A stone circle of amethyst tips is a great enhancing method and very powerful
- Placing a light coloured stone under your pillow will help you sleep better and to assist in understanding your dreams. Try combining with Selenite, Howlite and or Sodalite.
- Amethyst can also safely be used as a gem elixir either applying the elixir directly to the skin or drinking the elixir.
Amethyst Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.