- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Very Common
- Location Found: World wide, most commercial stock comes out of Brazil
- Colour: grey blue, brown, red, yellow or artificially coloured
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
Agate Historical and Mythology Information: – Agate has had a prominent reputation for being a protection and good luck stone in most of the ancient world including India, Nepal and Tibet. Amulets were traditional carved out of agate so that they had either straight or parallel bands running through them. Please be ware that a lot of agate product are coloured.
Most commercial Agate comes from Brazil and a lot of the brighter colours are dyed. This can be done because Agate is very porous and absorbs water/colour. One thing to note when using Agate is that all colour has its own vibration and so if you are attracted to a specific stones even if it has been coloured there is a reason you need that vibration in your life.
NOTE: Do not leave the coloured ones in the sun for long periods of time as the colour can fade.
Agate Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Agate is an amazing stabilizes and helps to brings balance to your emotional and physical energy. It is a very soothing and calming stone that works slowly to bring great strength and self-confidence into your life. Agate is an amazing study stone and helps to improves concentration when you are working on a set task. Agate assist with healing inner anger and stimulates love and strength so that you can move on and enter a more productive time in your life. A water agate is considered a good luck charm to carry or wear when you are pregnant.
Chakra – Adjust depending on the colour of the Agate
Healing – Transforms negative influences to positive, stimulates digestion, heals eyes, stomach and the uterus, strengthens blood vessels and heals skin disorders.
- Worn or carried around as a comforter stone to bring peace and calm
- Give a Water Agate as a gift for a pregnant lady to help protect during pregnancy – a water agate is an agate whose central hollow was filled with water and is now a space or hollow.
- Meditated on to assist to bring centering
- Placed in a study or office to assist the person to concentrate on the task at hand in a peaceful calm way.
- Placed on body or appropriate Chakra for healing during energy work.
Agate Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.