- Alternative Names: Agate is a very large family so there are lots of different types of Agates that all have their own individual names.
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: silicates, Tectolicicate
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Very Common
- Location Found: Worldwide, most commercial stock comes out of Brazil
- Colour: grey-blue, brown, red, yellow or artificially coloured
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Gemini and then varies by colour
- Numerological Number: 7
- Element: Water
- Affirmation: I am filled with peace and serenity and can concentrate with complete focus.
Agate Historical and Mythology Information: – Agate has had a prominent reputation for being a great protection and good luck stone in most of the ancient world including India, Nepal and Tibet. Amulets were traditionally carved out of Agate so that they had either straight or parallel bands running through them.
Most commercial Agate comes from Brazil and a lot of the brighter colours are dyed. This can be done because Agate is very porous and absorbs water/colour. One thing to note when using Agate is that all colour has its own vibration and so if you are attracted to a specific stone even if it has been coloured there is a reason you need that vibration in your life.
NOTE: Do not leave the coloured Agate pieces in the sun for long periods of time as the colour can fade also do not use in a fish tank as the colour can leach into the water.
Agate Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Agate is an amazing stabilizes and helps to bring balance to your emotional and physical energy. It is a very soothing and calming stone that works slowly to bring great strength and self-confidence into your life. Agate is an amazing study stone and helps to improve concentration when you are working on a set task. Agate assists with healing inner anger and stimulates love and strength so that you can move on and enter a more productive time in your life. A water agate is considered a good luck charm to carry or wear when you are pregnant.
Agate is a relatively affordable stone that works well in most crystal combinations and is easy to incorporate in your life in order to bring peace, calm, protection and focus through on a regular basis. Affirmation: I am filled with peace and serenity and can concentrate with complete focus.
Question: What situation allows me to focus the best?
Chakra – Adjust depending on the colour of the Agate
Agate Physical Healing – Transforms negative influences to positive, stimulates digestion, heals eyes, stomach and the uterus, strengthens blood vessels and heals skin disorders.
Agate Applications suggested uses:
- Worn or carried around as a comforter stone to bring peace and calm
- Give a Water Agate as a gift for a pregnant lady to help protect during pregnancy – a water agate is an agate whose central hollow was filled with water and is now a space or hollow.
- This stone is great as a gift to a pregnant person so that they can have a healthy happy pregnancy. Try combining with Amber, Moonstone, Unakite, Chrysocolla and Rose Quartz.
- Meditated on to assist to bring peace and center your emotions.
- Agate is always a great addition to a Mojo Bag as it assists with concentration and focus.
- Placed in a study or office to assist the person to concentrate on the task at hand in a peaceful calm way. Create a study or concentration Mojo Bag. Works well combined with Clear Quartz, Tigers Eye, Muscovite, and Fluorite.
- Placed on the body or appropriate Chakra for healing during energy work.
- DO NOT USE in essence if dyed. It can be taken safely as an essence. Please make sure you clean all stones thoroughly prior to making an essence and if unsure of safety use as a topical spray. Crystals that can be safely used to make essences are: Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Smoky Quartz, Citrine, Agate (not dyed), Moonstone, Carnelian (not saltwater), Rutilated Quartz, Jasper, Aventurine, Amber and Obsidian.
Agate Products for Sale