- Alternative Names: Aegerine, Acmite
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Location: Greenland, USA and Africa notably Malawi
- Hardness: 6
- Mineral Class: Silicate
- Colour: Blue Black
- Rarity: Rare
- Forms: Rare – Natural formations clusters and rods
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Pisces and Taurus
- Numerological Number: 5
- Elements: Earth and Fire
- Affirmation: Everything that happens allows me to grow and learn.
Aegirine History Mythology: The name ‘achmit’ comes from the Greek word ‘Axun’ meaning ‘spear point’ due to its long slender formations. Aegirine is also known as Acmite and at one stage the two were thought to be two separate minerals however it was discovered that they were both pyroxenes and the same mineral.
Aegirine Metaphysical Healing Properties: Aegirine is a stone that has no boundaries and assists you to be who you are truly meant to be and helps you to understand that you are limitless. It enables you to have more confidence in your decisions and face your ‘Karma’ or the consequence of your action with confidence and integrity. You do this knowing that every lesson learnt needs to be learnt or you will keep repeating the actions that lead you to that point. It is a freeing stone that lets you release all past ties that are holding you back.
Aegirine is an uplifting stone that will assist with depression and helps to block negative emotions that are around you and come within your energy/auric field. It protects against both mental, physical and psychic attacks. Aegirine helps to clear any blockages from your aura which can assist with damage done by electrical energy field exposure (EMF Radiation). Affirmation: Everything that happens allows me to grow and learn.
Question: What actions have I taken that have allowed me to grow?
Aegirine Physical Healing – Helps boost the immune system, Supports cellular memory, metabolic and nervous systems, helps overcome muscle pain and removes toxins, benefits gallbladder, spleen and liver issues.
Aegirine Applications suggested uses:
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when clearing blockages, restoring self-discipline and setting realistic goals. Try combining with Amethyst, Unakite, Ametrine and or Clear Quartz.
- Used in energy work to assist with releasing past issues that are holding you back.
- Use in a crystal grid for protection. Combines well with Black Tourmaline, Selenite and Scolecite.
- Is a great stone to use when you feel that you are being targeted by unwanted energies or a ‘spell’ directed at you by someone. Try making a ‘Hex’ protection Mojo Bag with the following crystals in any or all combination and carry it around with you. Larvikite, Black Tourmaline, Hag Stone, Aegirine, Clear Quartz and Tektite or ramp it up with Moldavite.
- Wonderful as a healing tool to move through the auric field. Combines well with Ametrine and Selenite for this purpose.
- Great to use in times of depression and facing issues.
- Carried as a talisman for protection.
- A place in front of the computer to block out negative energies.