- Alternative Names: Black Coral (Antipatharia), Red Coral, Precious Coral which is another name for Red Coral
- Crystal System: Organic Amorphic
- Hardness Mohs: 3 to 4
- Rarity: Common
- Location: Tropical Waters including Red Sea, Australia, Italy (Sardinia), Hawaii, the Canary Islands, Taiwan, Malaysia and Midway Islands.
- Mineral Class: Organic stone Mineraloids
- Colour: White, Red, Orange, Pink, Gray Black
- Forms: natural, tumbled, and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Element: Air and Water
- Numerological Number: 4
- Affirmation: With protection and peace I am connected to all things.
History/Mythology of Coral: Coral has been used as a gemstone since ancient times with the oldest known findings coming from the Mesopotamian Civilization dating from around 3000 BC. Throughout history, Coral has been believed to be a very protective stone with great healing powers.
Red Coral has always been considered the most precious, however, please be aware that a lot of the Red Coral available on the market today has been dyed. Coral is becoming harder to get due to environmental protection laws and can now only be collected sustainably.
Coral Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: As an organic stone Coral brings through a very balancing energy allowing you to form a deeper connection to the natural cycles in nature, with a strong link to water and water elements in particular. It has been used throughout history for its protective powers particularly when warding off curses, the ‘evil eye’, or negative energy that is being directed at you. This makes it a perfect stone to use as a travel talisman or hung as a Hag Stone for the added protection where needed. When you release negative emotions, you also release the power they hold over you and this allows you to objectively look at and begin to understand any fears you are holding and how they are affecting your life. By doing this you become calmer and more understanding of your actions at a deeper level (subconscious) allowing you to make positive changes in all areas of your life. One area in particular that this assists with is allowing you to achieve a better, more peaceful nights sleep. By releasing the fear you don’t need to react with fear to night terrors/nightmares you begin to understand the reason and meaning behind them.
Coal is a stone that sharpens your intuition and allows you to connect to your ancestors in order to understand the past allowing you to move more freely into the future. By doing this it allows you to dispel any fear, panic, nervousness or depression that you are holding. Affirmation: With protection and peace I am connected to all things.
Question: Do you feel you are on the right path?
Chakra – Red and Black – Root/Base Chakra, Pink – Heart Chakra
Black Coral is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Light in the Darkness’
Coral Physical Healing – Circulatory System, stimulate tissue regeneration, assist with broken or healing bones, and repairs and nourishes blood cells.
Coral Applications suggested uses:
- Wearing or carrying a Coral Hag Stone to assist with protection particularly against negative energy or the ‘evil eye’.
- Placing a piece of coral under your pillow, in a sleep Mojo Bag or in a grid to assist with better sleep or to ward off nightmares. Try combining with Selenite, Howlite and or Sodalite.
- Meditation with Coral to increase you intuition and connect with ‘Ancient Ones’ or past ancestors to stimulate your connection. Crystals that go well together for this purpose are Nuumite, Mystic Merlinite, Astrophyllite, Spirit Quartz, Turquoise and Axinite.
- Carried as a talisman for protection particular when travelling. Try making a Travel Mojo Bag with Pyrite, Garnet, Aquamarine, Chiastolite and Mookaite.
- Place into a grid or Mojo Bag to balance it out being an organic stone. When using multiple stones together I like to add an organic stone about 10% of the time for balance. Some other organic stones you can use are any fossils, Jet, Amber, Turritella Agate, and Stromatolites.