Cats Eye (Red Tigers Eye)
- Alternative Names: Cats Eye, Red Tigers Eye
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Silicon Dioxide, quartz group
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location Found: US, Canada, Brazil, China, India, and Burma
- Colour: Red redy/brown
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
Types of Stones in the Eye Family:
Tigers Eye History Mythology Information: Tigers Eye originally got it’s name due to the way it can look like an eye when polished, this then lead to the belief that it was a protective stone and thought to protect the wearer against the ‘evil eye’, demons and spells. In the middle ages it was very popular to have amulets made from Tigers Eye for protection purposes.
Red Tigers Eye Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Red Tigers Eye works predominately through the Scaral and Root Charkras: so it is a fantastic energy stone. It will help to stimulate all area of your life particularly where there are creative energies following, this makes it a great stone to help artist find inspiration and passion in creating. It is a stone of passion that can help to motivate you to have a healthier sex life by increasing your sex drive. Red Tigers Eye is a stone that will assist you to feel more energetic and motivated, it does this by connecting all of your meridians or energy points to assist with the flow of energy around your body. Red Tigers Eye is a stone that will assist with your self confidence or self esteem and help you to understand you are who your are for a reason and you have a place and a purpose in this life time.
Is Tigers Eye Dangerous? Tigers Eye, Cats Eye and Hawks Eye are made up of deeply embedded asbestos and actinolite fibers. Asbestos is a known hazardous material. However the fibers are deeply embedded and replaced over time by quartz and iron oxides and should cause no issue particularly when sealed or polished. When cutting or polishing any member of this stone family please take all necessary precaution to insure the lose fibers do not cause damage.
The cause of its chatoyance can be embedded fibers of asbestos, as well as actinolite fibers.
Asbestos is a well known useful but hazardous material and can cause lung cancer, but its dangerous fibers are well embedded in hawk’s eye and cat’s eye and pose no danger for its owner. They are completely replaced by quartz and iron oxides in tiger’s eye.
Chakra – Solar Plexus, Sacral and Base Chakras.
Healing – Treats eye issues, throat and reproductive organs, Helpful for repairing broken bones.
Red Tigers Eye Application
- Red tigers Eye is a great stone to carry around with you so that you feel more energetic.
- Red Tigers Eye can be placed under your mattress or on the beside table in order to rekindle or stimulate a passionate relationship.
- Red tigers Eye can be carried or placed in a work area in order to get the creative juices flowing.
- As a healing tool it can be used in the Sacral or Root Chakra areas in order to stimulate or balance all of your lower organs.
- As a meditation stone Red Tiger Eye is fantastic either held or gazed upon in order to find inspiration for a specific purpose or life direction.
- Using in a grid for creative inspiration or improvement of relationship from a sexual aspect.
Red Tigers Eye Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.