Blue Tigers Eye
- Alternative Names: Hawks Eye, Falcons Eye, Blue Tigers Eye
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Rare
- Location Found: Brazil, Canada, India, Namibia and South Africa
- Colour: Indigo, deep blue and can have golden areas from the cross over with Tigers Eye.
- Forms: tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Capricorn and Leo
- Numerological Number: 4 and 9
- Element: Air and Earth
- Affirmation: I am calm and centered and look at things through a higher perspective.
Types of Stones in the Eye Family:
Tigers Eye History Mythology Information: Tigers Eye originally got its name due to the way it can look like an eye when polished, this then leads to the belief that it was a protective stone and thought to protect the wearer against the ‘evil eye’, demons and spells. In the middle ages, it was very popular to have amulets made from Tigers Eye for protection purposes.
Blue Tigers Eye Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Blue Tigers Eye is a very peaceful stone that is fantastic in helping you deal with anxiety or any stressful situation. Just like the shimmering patterns in the stone Blue Tigers Eye can help you to look at things in a different way or illuminate issues that have previously been hidden from your vision. Blue Tigers Eye helps to bring all of your higher Chakras into alignment or balance so that you speak, hear and see your own truth and work from that point for your own higher purpose. It is a wonderful speakers stone as it brings through confidence in yourself and the ability to speak your meaning clearly so that all that hear have a greater ability to understand your meaning.
Due to the colours of Blue Tigers Eye, it works powerfully through your Throat and Third Eye Chakras bringing through calm and clarity to any emotional issues you are holding. It is a very easy going stone that allows you to take a more trusting position on things and understand that everything will always work out one way or the other. Like all Tigers Eye stones, it is one of prosperity and works well with any grid work to do with abundance or manifestation.
Blue Tigers Eye helps to stimulate your Third Eye in order to allow you to tune into your own inner self and your own inner vision. It will allow you to see past your own current point and ‘soar’ like a Hawk moving forward clear and free of any blockages that are holding you back. Affirmation: I am calm and centered and look at things through a higher perspective.
Question: What is holding you back from achieving your goals in life?
Is Tigers Eye Dangerous? Tigers Eye, Cats Eye and Hawks Eye are made up of deeply embedded asbestos and actinolite fibres. Asbestos is a known hazardous material. However, the fibres are deeply embedded and replaced over time by quartz and iron oxides and should cause no issue particularly when sealed or polished. When cutting or polishing any member of this stone family please take all necessary precaution to ensure the loose fibres do not cause damage.
The cause of its chatoyance can be embedded fibres of asbestos, as well as actinolite fibres.
Asbestos is a well known useful but hazardous material and can cause lung cancer, but its dangerous fibres are well embedded in hawk’s eye and cat’s eye and pose no danger for its owner. They are completely replaced by quartz and iron oxides in tiger’s eye.
Chakra – Throat and Third Chakras.
Blue Tigers Eye Physical Healing – Treats eye issues, and any issue of the Throat area, aids in fatigue and depression, is a cooling stone at assisting with Fevers overactive sex drive or balancing of metabolic levels.
Blue Tigers Eye Applications suggested uses:
- Blue Tigers Eye should be kept within your aura. So carrying a piece in your pocket that is held and played with when needed is perfect.
- Meditate with it placed over any of your heart or hold in your left hand in order to receive any information on how to best move forward. Great stone for life purpose and forward progression are Vesuvanite, Blue Tigers Eye, Labradorite and Hypersthene.
- Worn or carried as a protective talisman – particularly if fear of flying is an issue when travelling. Combines well with Aquamarine, Lapis Lazuli and Garnet for this purpose.
- Blue Tigers Eye is fantastic to use as a hand warmer particularly when we are feeling stressed.
- Helps to stimulate and balance your Throat Chakra so that you are better able to learn to speak your own truth with confidence. Stones that assist in this area are Kyanite, Amazonite, Blue Tigers Eye, Larimar, Turquoise and Lapis Lazuli.
- As a meditation stone Blue Tiger Eye is fantastic either held or gazed upon when you are working an developing your Third Eye.
- Using in a grid for either protection or abundance. For money/abundance work combine with Pyrite, Jade and or Green Aventurine.