- Alternative Names: Hawks Eye, Falcons Eye, Blue Tigers Eye
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Rare
- Location Found: Brazil, Canada, India, Namibia and South Africa
- Colour: Indego, deep blue and can have golden areas from the cross over with Tigers Eye.
- Forms: tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
Types of Stones in the Eye Family:
Tigers Eye History Mythology Information: Tigers Eye originally got it’s name due to the way it can look like an eye when polished, this then lead to the belief that it was a protective stone and thought to protect the wearer against the ‘evil eye’, demons and spells. In the middle ages it was very popular to have amulets made from Tigers Eye for protection purposes.
Blue Tigers Eye Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Blue Tigers Eye is a very peaceful stone that is fantastic in helping you deal with anxiety or any stressful situation. Just like the shimmering patterns in the stone Blue Tigers Eye can help you to look at things in a different way or illuminate issues that have previously been hidden from your vision. Blue Tigers Eye helps to bring all of your higher Chakras into alignment or balance so that you speak, hear and see your own truth and work from that point for your own higher purpose. It is a wonderful speakers stone as it brings through confidence in yourself and the ability to speak your meaning clearly so that all that hear have a greater ability to understand your meaning.
Due to the colours of Blue Tigers Eye it works powerfully through your Throat and Third Eye Chakras bringing through calm and clarity to any emotional issues you are holding. It is a very easy going stone that allows you to take a more trusting position on things and understand that everything will always work out one way or the other. Like all Tigers Eye stones it is one of prosperity and works well with any grid work to do with abundance or manifestation.
Blue Tigers Eye helps to stimulate your Third Eye in order to allow you to tune into your own inner self and your own inner vision. It will allow you to see past your own current point and ‘soar’ like a Hawk moving forward clear and free of any blockages that are holding you back.
Is Tigers Eye Dangerous? Tigers Eye, Cats Eye and Hawks Eye are made up of deeply embedded asbestos and actinolite fibers. Asbestos is a known hazardous material. However the fibers are deeply embedded and replaced over time by quartz and iron oxides and should cause no issue particularly when sealed or polished. When cutting or polishing any member of this stone family please take all necessary precaution to insure the lose fibers do not cause damage.
The cause of its chatoyance can be embedded fibers of asbestos, as well as actinolite fibers.
Asbestos is a well known useful but hazardous material and can cause lung cancer, but its dangerous fibers are well embedded in hawk’s eye and cat’s eye and pose no danger for its owner. They are completely replaced by quartz and iron oxides in tiger’s eye.
Chakra – Solar Plexus, Sacral and Base Chakras.
Healing – Treats eye issues, and any issue of the Throat area, aids in fatigue and depression, is a cooling stone at assist with Fevers overactive sex drive or balancing of metabolic levels.
- Blue Tigers Eye should be kept within your aura. So carrying a piece in your pocket that is held and played with when needed is perfect.
- Worn or carried as a protective talisman – particularly if fear of flying is an issue when traveling.
- Blue Tigers Eye is fantastic to use as a hand warmer particularly when we are feeling stressed.
- As a meditation stone Blue Tiger Eye is fantastic either held or gazed upon when you are working an developing your Third Eye.
- Using in a grid for either protection or abundance.
Blue Tigers Eye Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.