Black Quartz Natural
- Alternative Names: Smoky Quartz, Smokey Quartz, Black Quartz
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Rare and very rare if natural
- Location Found: Brazil most commercially sold, but found throughout the world
- Colour: Very deep brown to black colour
- Forms: Points and clusters
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac: Capricorn, Sagittarius and Scorpio
- Number: 2 and 8
- Element: Storm
- Affirmation: I can do anything that I need or want to do.
Black Quartz History Mythology information: Black Quartz is a Smoky Quartz that has been heated naturally overtime to produce a stone that is near Black in appearance. This is a very rare form of Smoky Quartz and has similar properties as Smoky Quartz however I find that all the properties are intensified and at a deep more penetrating vibration. Please note that Black Quartz can also be formed by heating up Smoky Quartz so please be aware and buy from a trusted seller and avoid anything out of China.
In many European Countries throughout history Smoky Quartz has been a good luck stone that would be worn as a protective talisman. The belief is still strong today and you will find crucifixes/cross cut from Smoky Quartz. References to the sacred stone Smoky Quartz and its uses in Scotland date back to the druids and it is to this day the National Gem Stone of Scotland.
Smokey Quartz Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Smoky Quartz is one of the 5 main quartz’s, Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz, Amethyst and Citrine being the other four. Smoky Quartz is the protector out of the group and is an excellent stone for grounding and calming, especially when you are feeling stressed. It helps to eliminate and detoxify the body on all levels. It also assists in easing fear and helps to lift depression. It is a wonder calming stone and assists you to feel more centered in where you are at right now and to find acceptance that you are in the right place at the right time in order to move forward. Smokey quartz helps us to achieve a seen of acceptance with who we are and our own physical bodies.
Black Quartz is a lovely stone to use. The minute you pick it up you can feel the intensity of the heat and the pressure that the stone has been under overtime during creation. That is something that Black Quartz allows you to understand that you will always make it through to the other side no matter how hard things are that you are going through you will come out and evolve into something stronger and more special. Affirmation I can do anything that I need or want to do.
Question: Where do you feel the most grounded?
Chakra – Base or Earth Star Chakra
Healing – Excellent for treating radiation related illness of chemotherapy. Promotes pain relief, Good for ailments of abdomen, hip and legs, relieves pain, and helps headaches. Dissolves cramps, strengthens back, and fortifies the nerves. Aids in assimilation of minerals, regulates liquid within the body
- Meditate or heal within a circle of Smokey Quartz will amplify the vibration
- In situation of stress, hold a Smokey Quartz in each hand and feel their calming effects.
- Smokey Quartz can be laid directly on the afflicted body part for pain relief.
- Jewelry especially bracelets, rings and anklets (due to their proximity to the connected Chakras) made from Smokey Quartz is an extremely useful piece to have on and wear for its grounding and protection capabilities.
- Meditation while gazing into or holding a Smokey Quartz it very powerful
- Using Smokey Quartz in conjunction with other crystals in order to amplify their vibration
- Healing with Smokey quartz Crystals is a great way to life depression and ground the person. This can be further fine tuned by using the formation within the crystal as well please see here for different crystal formations.