- Alternative Name: Nil
- Crystal System: Triclinic
- Rarity: Common
- Mineral Class: Silicates
- Location Found: Brazil and India
- Hardness Mohs: 4.5 to 6.5
- Colour: Black Fan or Spray formations
- Forms: Fans or sprays which are the natural shape and in Jewelry.
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Sign: Aries, Libra, and Taurus
- Numerical Vibration: 6 and 4
- Element: Water
- Affirmation: Slowly and steadily I sweep out all that is holding me back in life.
Kyanite History Mythology Information: Kyanite did not receive its name until the eighteenth century due to the fact that up until then most blue crystal/stones were all put in the same category. So even though Kyanite has been used and around for a long time there are no existing traditions as to its use.
Kyanite comes in a range of different colours, with the most common being Blue, then Black Fans, then Green and Ocean Blades, then Orange Blade. Black Kyanite fans are very regularly coated with a range of different coating: Diachronic, Aluminium, and a titanium mix.
Known Kyanite types/colours:
- Blue (most common) – Throat Chakra
- Green – Heart Chakra
- Ocean – Heart and Throat Chakra
- Black – Base and lower Chakras
- Orange (Least Common) – Sacral Chakra
Black Kyanite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Black Kyanite is a cleansing balancing stone that helps to ‘sweep away’ any blockages or unwanted energy that you might be holding. It works particularly well in healing energy work and with the cleansing of the Aura for any damage or holes that are present. Black Kyanite is a wonderful stone to use when communication has broken down as it assists to remove the blockages and allows the follow of communication to resume with clarity, understanding, and purpose. Black Kyanite helps to raise your energy it works from the Base or Root Chakra up moving through your energy points and clearing and cleaning as it goes. It is a great tool to use while meditating as it assists you to recognize what is holding you back from past experiences including past lives, release or ‘sweep away’ the blockage and move forward with clear and clean intent so that you can recognize a path forward and move forward clear of what has been holding you back in the past.
You will notice the shape of Black Kyanite and how it resembles a broom. When you see the shape you think of clearing or cleansing and that is exactly what Black Kyanite does. Like all Kyanites Black Kyanite doesn’t need cleaning from an energetic point of view, however, please keep in mind that it can still get ‘bogged’ down with energy and need a little assistance to clear it out. So if you are using it regularly or for a ‘heavy’ purpose please give it a cleanse and always cleanse your crystals between energy work sessions. Affirmation: Slowly and steadily I sweep out all that is holding me back in life.
Question: Is it time to do some tidying in your life?
Chakra: Base or Root Chakra
Black Kyanite Physical Healing: Black Kyanite is a restorative stone that helps to bring balance through the body and increase energy levels. Please use physically when any area or system in the body is out of balance.
- Black Kyanite is a great stone to wear or carry around with you on a regular basis as it assists with raising energy levels and clearing away blockages as they happen.
- Black Kyanite can be used in any energy work and will greatly assist to heal any blockages or holes in your energy field or Aura. It combines well with any other colour Kyanite and Selenite for Aura work. Always remember to move up and through your Aura.
- Place in a grid to work on past life or blockages you are holding. Combines well with Obsidian, Lapis Lazuli and Malachite for this purpose.
Black Kyanite Products for Sales
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.