- Alternative Names: Baryte, Barytine, Tiff, Heavy Spar, Schwerspath and Blanc Fixe
- Crystal System: Orthorhombic Tubular Crystals
- Location: Germany, UK, and the US
- Mineral Class: Sulfates
- Hardness Mohs: 3 to 3.5
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Colour: Colourless, grey, yellow to brown, blue, green, reddish, and may also have a range of different colours in the one stone.
- Forms: Natural formation rarely carved or faceted
- Birthstone: Nil
- Zodiac Astrological Sign: Aquarius
- Numerological Number: 1
- Element: Storm
- Affirmation: I am open to all possibilities and release all things that are holding me back.
Barite History Mythology Information: Barite was originally named ‘Baryte’ after the Greek word that means heavy. However, it is now known by the more common American spelling ‘Barite’.
Barite Metaphysical Healing Properties: Barite has a very soft and gentle energy that assists with enhancing friendship, love, and harmony in an affectionate way. It works from your Throat Chakra up and assists with connecting and communicating with higher self and higher beings. Through strengthening this connection it assists with stimulating your intuition and allows you to developed more trust in your own self. Barite is a fantastic addiction stone, first, it detoxes and removes all of your blockages and then it allows you to see why you are holding the addiction and release them to move on clearer and freer. Energy and Lightworkers find this a very effective, gentle, and easy stone to use.
Affirmation: I am open to all possibilities and release all things that are holding me back.
Question: In what area of my life do I have blockages?
Chakra – Throat Chakra predominately but also matches well with all higher Chakras.
Barite Physical Healing – Detoxifying the system, and clear addictions.
Barite Applications suggested uses
- Barite is a relatively soft stone that needs to be handle with care, so it is not recommended to carry it around with you.
- It can be used in all meditations that are focused on increasing intuition and is particularly good when working on the Throat and higher Chakras.
- Use in any type of grid work in order to detoxify, cleanse and release old patterning. For detoxifying and cleansing these are a great combination of stones Mooralla Smoky Quartz, Fluorite, Danburite, Garnet, Celestite, Azurite and Bloodstone.
- Used in energy work in order to cleanse the Aura and release blockages that you are holding. Combine with Selenite and Black Kyanite for a thorough cleansing. remember to always move up and through your Aura when cleansing.
- Great to use when breaking addictions. Combines with Lithium Quartz, Lepidolite, and Kunzite which are all also Lithium-based stones.