- Alternate Names: Chessylite
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Location: USA, Mexico, Australia, Namibia, the Congo, Morocco on a commercial scale and various other locations around the world on a prospector’s scale.
- Mineral Class: Prismatic
- Moh Hardness: 3.5 – 4
- Colour: Azure Blue – a very dark deep blue in the better quality to a pale light blue in lower grades
- Rarity: Rare seen in rough crystal formation or suns mainly
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Aquarius, Sagittarius
- Numerological Number: 1
- Element: Wind
- Affirmation: I am open to receiving al the wisdom of the heavens.
Azurite History Mythology Information: Azurite is a copper carbonate mineral which is what gives it its vivid blue colour. It has been used since antiques as a dye even though it fades losing its colour over time and from heat and light exposure. Azurite is also known as Chessylite due to the outstanding specimens that came out of Chessy in France. It is often found in the same location/deposits as Malachite.
Native Americans often used Azurite when communicating with Indian spirit guides and considered it a sacred stone. the Mayan people considered it sacred and a mystical stone that assisted with communication with higher beings
Azurite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Azurite is a stone that has a strong connection to the universe or the heavens. It is often referred to as the ‘stone of heaven’. It assists with enabling you to become your highest self or heavenly self. It works beautifully through the Third Eye Chakra and helps to open up your psychic ability and enhance your intuition so that you can recognize when you are being guided by high beings or connecting to your higher self. Azurite is a stone that allows you to open and increase the follow of energy to your Third Eye Chakra. By opening and clearing your Third Eye it gives you a great connection to your intuition as well as higher vibrational beings. Azurite assists you to be in tune with different dimensions and increase the contact.
It is a fantastic stone to help you to alleviate stress and worries with any situation that makes you feel anxious. These types of situations include stress, anxiety, fear, or any phobias that you might be holding. It helps you to recognize why you’re holding these things and what needs to be looked at or given attention too within your life so that you can release and move forward. Azurite is a wonderful healing stone that will work through you on all levels, spiritual, physical, and emotional in order to release or clear away any blockages that you are holding that are preventing you from progressing forward. When working through its secondary Chakra it will clear blockages so that you are a more effective communicator. Affirmation: I am open to receiving al the wisdom of the heavens.
Question: Do you listen to your inner voice?
Azurite is a Liquid Crystals Stone and represents ‘Focus’
Azurite Physical Healing – Assists with any throat and thyroid issues. It assists to clear away any physical blockages including joint calcification and arthritis and assists the body to detox. This will assist with any organ that benefits from the clearing including bones, teeth, liver and skin.
Azurite Applications suggested uses:
- Meditate with Azurite on your Third Eye to increase your intuition and connection with higher beings. Combines well with Seraphinite, Celestite and Apophyllite for this purpose.
- Carried a piece within your aura so that it helps with releasing blockages and detoxifying your body. Please be aware this is a fragile stone so care must be taken if carrying around.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when cleansing, detoxifying and healing the body. For detoxifying and cleansing these are a great combination of stones Mooralla Smoky Quartz, Fluorite, Danburite, Garnet, Celestite, Azurite and Bloodstone.
- Healing or meditation is great with Azurite, place over the Third Eye Chakra, or the Throat Chakra during work.
- Is a fantastic stone to wear or have on you when working on increasing and heightening higher self particularly with ‘Indigo Children”. Indigo Children would benefit from a Mojo Bag with the following stones for rounding out their skills: Amethyst, Labradorite, Azurite, Charoite and K2.
- Azurite is a great stone to use in any gridwork particularly when working on increasing your psychic ability and intuition or releasing blockages. Combines well with Herkimer diamonds, Charoite, and Apophyllite for this purpose.
- DO NOT use it in Essences due to the high level of copper.