- Alternative Names: Serpentine, Williamsite, Gymnite
- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Hardness Mohs: 3.5 to 4
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Indian, South Africa, Italy, Finland, Austria, Germany, Norway and the US
- Formation: Secondary
- Mineral Class: Phyllosilicate, Silicates
- Colour: Green
- Forms: natural, tumbled and carved and in Jewlery
- Birthstone: Nil
- Astrological Zodiac Sign: Capricorn and Virgo
- Element: Earth and Air
- Numerological Number: 8 and 55
- Affirmation: I see the truth clearly and release all that is holding me back.
Antigorite History Mythology: Antigorite is a member of the Serpentine Family and received its name from the area it was found – Valle de Antigorio in the border region of Italy and Switzerland.
Antigorite Metaphysical Healing Properties Information: Antigorite primarily works through the Heart Chakra and assists you to clear any blockages that are holding you back. By removing these blockages it allows you to release any negative emotions that you are holding and so that you can move forward and transition to a new more beneficial stage of your life. Antigorite is a stone of insight that allows you to develop your intuition and become more attuned to any fraud, lies and deceptions that are happening around you and then assists you to cut the ties and move forward to a fresh start. Antigorite is a highly creative stone and assists you to get your creative juices flowing so that you can express yourself more from the heart. Affirmation: I see the truth clearly and release all that is holding me back.
Question: Do you trust your intuition?
Chakra – Heart Chakras
Antigorite Physical Healing – Detoxifying toxins from the body, Cellular Disorders and repair/healing, Spinal issues and health, general healing and good health.
Antigorite Applications suggested uses:
- NOT recommended to use in essences or elixirs due to the softness of the stone.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when clearing blockages and working on matters of the heart. Combines well with Charoite, Aquamarine, and Lemurians.
- Carry around with you in order to increase your intuition and assist with recognizing lies and deception around you.
- A great stone to place in an area where you feel a new start is needed and ties need to be cut due to deceptive behaviour.
- A great stone to have around in order to get your creative juices flowing and start to work from the heart. Stones that combine well for creativity are Red Tigers Eye, Carnelian, Citrine, Garnet and Rhyolite for this purpose.