- Alternative Names: Bolivianite
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Location: Brazil, Canada, India, Madagascar, and Bolivia
- Mineral Class: Silicon Dioxide, quartz group
- Hardness Mohs: 7
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Colour: a mixture of purple Amethyst and yellow Citrine
- Forms: Points, rough, natural, tumbled, cut/carved and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Ancient and Traditional Amethyst is February
Amethyst History/Mythology: The word Amethyst comes from combining the stones that are found within The purple of Amethyst and the Yellow of Citrine. ‘Ame’ Amethyst and ‘trine’ Citrine = Ametrine. The only commercial mine of Ametrine in the world is in Bolivia and Ametrine has been know and revered by the local for there throughout history.
One touching Bolivian legend is of the Ayarea Indians and their beautiful Princess Anahi. When the Spanish Conquerors arrive in Bolivia one of the soldiers named Don Felipe de Urrola y Goitis fell in love with the beautiful princess and married her. When her father found out that Don Felipe was going to take his beloved daughter back to Spain with him, he plotted to have him killed. On finding out what her father had planned the Princess warned and helped her beloved to escape, to which she paid for her bravery with her own life. While dying in the arms of her beloved husband she presented him with an Ametrine with the two colours representing the division of her love between her people and her partner. Don Felipe carried the stone with him for the remained of his days upon returning to Spain.
Ametrine Metaphysical Healing Properties: Ametrine is an amazing stone to assist with helping you to connect to the spiritual realm. The purple of the Amethyst assists you with opening your Third Eye and finding divine Guidance, while the yellow of the Cirtine assist you with remaining in the physical realm and using all that you have learned to benefit the here and now. It is a connector stone that brings the two halves of your life together with harmony and purpose. Ametrine is a balancing stone that will bring all aspects of your life into harmony: it is a Ying/Yang stone, a masculine/feminine stone. It allows you to learn that all things are connected and there is balance in everything.
Ametrine is a wonderful stone to use and carry with you when you are feeling stressed and out of ‘wack’. It brings through a cleansing/detoxification energy that works particularly well through your aura and clearing any blockages or damage that you are holding. Ametrine is a comforting and soothing stone that helps to assist those with any long term illnesses or chronic diseases by bringing through comfort and acceptance.
Ametrine Physical Healing – Any issues where the body is out of balance, including but not limited too: Metabolism, hormonal, Circulatory, and physical balance. It also assists with AIDS/HIV and immune system strengthening, Alzheimer’s Disease, and mental clarity. Exhaustion and Fatigue.
- Ametrine is a wonderful stone to carry around to remember that all things are balanced.
- It can be used in all meditations and is particularly good when working on the Third Eye or Crown Chakras.
- Use in any type of grid work in order to find life purpose and release old patterning.
- Worn or carried around as a stress relief stone. A
- Used in energy work in order to cleanse the Aura and release blockages that you are holding. Combine with Selenite for a thorough cleansing.
Ametrine Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 2.5 kg in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Upgrade to Express Post for only $10 per order.
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.