Rhyolite (Rainforest Jasper, Orbicular Jasper, Leopard Skin Jasper, Australian Rain Forest Jasper)
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class:Silicate Oxide
- Colour: Green, redish with clearly visible speckled inclusions
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
History/Mythology: Rhyolite gets its name from the Greek work ‘rhyx’ which means ‘stream of lava’ Rhyolite is basically a form of granite however it is lava that cools to quickly to have crystal granite formations.
Rhyolite has been referred to by a number of different names over the years, however the name Rhyolite seems to have won through and be the most common. Rhyolite is a wonderful stone that has a close connection to the heart chakra and is partcularlly good when people are working their way through past or past life issues. Rhyolite allows one to reconcile the two in order to find balance and acceptance and be able to move on. By being released from these past hurt/burdens we can them move forward more confidently with a great level of self confidence. Rhyolte allows you to see all side of a situation so that you have a deeper level of understanding. Rhyolite is a very creative stone and will assist anyone who works in an area that requires self-expression.
Chakra – Heart Chakra
Healing – Helps boost immune system, detoxification of the kidneys and liver.
- Worn in a piece of jewelry.
- Can be used in all meditations particularly when working on past and past life issues.
- Placing over the Heart Chakra when in need of releasing.
- As a paper weight in creative situations.
- As a hand warmer or palm stone in times of need or when working through a creative problem
Rhyolite Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $6.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- All postage outside Australia $18.50 flat rate.
- Pickup available from Sunshine Coast Qld from markets